Words to the WILD | Blog
If Mother Nature had a birthday, this is the weekend we'd celebrate everything she...
"...to try new things!" Sage advice from a guest who visited West Shore...
2013 is the first year that British Columbians will celebrate "Family Day" - a...
Little ways to put play in every day :: WildPLAYlist
Your playtime doesn't have to be relegated to a specific time and space. When you can't make it to the trees or another fun activity, try our WildPLAYlist of ideas to make a regular old chore less of a bore!
- Hum or sing showtunes or ad jingles as you wash dishes.
- Play beat the clock when cleaning out your email inbox. (Bonus! You might just gain that adventure time.)
- Pick a reward, and assign points to your chores ($1 = 1 point); then get to work and earn your treat (maybe even recruit the kids to help you win!).
- Smile at people as you walk and see how many you can get to grin back.
- Vacuum time dance break!
- Plan lunch with your co-workers.
- Be a tourist in your own town and stop at an attraction you usually pass by.
- Try to rhyme your emails subject lines.
- Write your to do list on slips of paper and then complete each one by random draw! Get your room mates or family in on the fun too.
- Turn grocery shopping into scavenger hunt by finding a fruit or vegetable you've never tried and ask the produce worker how you can make it part of dinner tonight.
There are lots more ways to inject some fun & games into the "rut"ine. How do you unleash play in your every day?